Consumer reviews, medical journals and magazines tests reach an uncontested conclusion: an electric toothbrush is mostly often effective as compared to a manual toothbrush.
According to dentists, a manual toothbrush can help prevent gingivitis and other dental health disease if used correctly.
However, the truth is that some people brush and floss daily as recommended.
Meanwhile, electric toothbrushes can beat these barriers through helping users brush for the recommended period and letting them to access the areas which are hard to reach.
Studies reveal the absolute difference between manual and electric toothbrushes.
In point of fact, when electric toothbrushes are compared, the distinction in terms of effectiveness is only minimal.
Many dental health professionals recommend that Sonicare toothbrushes are excellent electric toothbrushes since these use a very different brush movement and high-velocity lateral vibrations.
- Brushing only takes two minutes and with proper brushing technique, one can thoroughly clean the teeth and the entire mouth.
- There are a lot of heads, bristles, styles and colors to select from manual toothbrushes. If you have sensitive gums, go for soft bristles. If you have smaller mouth, opt for toothbrushes with smaller head. There are even manual toothbrushes especially designed for kids.
- These are portable provided that they have a case. No batteries so they do not require charging.
- These are cheaper and at times dentists use them as giveaway to their patients.
- Manual toothbrushes require more work.
- There is no timing so you have to calculate the time when brushing.
- Electric toothbrushes do not require more work. They are effective at cleaning the mouth and getting rid of gingivitis and plaque.
- These are quite easy to use. You only have to place it at a 45° angle and just allow the toothbrush to do the brushing and cleaning.
- These are best recommended for kids as they are more fun to use.
- They come in built-in timer so this means that the toothbrush automatically stops in two minutes.
- Electric toothbrushes are more expensive as compared to electric toothbrushes.
- These require batteries and you need to charge the toothbrush and replace batteries when needed.
- Bringing electric toothbrushes with you may be a problem since these are bulky and you also have to bring the charger.
- When an electric toothbrush was accidentally dropped, it could be dangerous to use. These easily break. So, you need to be more careful when using it.
While it is true that a great number of dental professionals agree that electric toothbrushes are effective at keeping the teeth, gums and mouth clean and healthy and helps in preventing other oral diseases from developing, still, it is up to the person how he or she can maintain proper oral hygiene to keep his or her mouth, gums and teeth in good condition.
It is deemed important to consistently take better care of one’s teeth. Eat foods that are good for oral health, follow proper oral hygiene regularly, visit the dentist at least two times per year and avoid foods, drinks and habits that could damage the teeth, gums and mouth. In short, live a healthy lifestyle and always consult a dentist about dental treatments, dental products and dental tips.