Why Choose Us?
- Trusted by more moms and referred by more patients than any other dental office in Hawaii since 1986
- Home to Honolulu Magazine-recognized "Best Dentist" in all specialties
- Offers every dental treatment from preventive care and dental emergencies to orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry
- Accessible in 11 convenient locations all over Hawaii with extended weekday and weekend hours
- Provides the best treatments at affordable prices
- Accepts all insurance and offers flexible financing options
The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) reported that 42 percent of children below 11 years old are afflicted with dental caries.
Dental caries, also known as tooth decay or cavities, are more common by seven times among children than hay fever, and five times compared to asthma.
Tooth decay is a result of the tooth’s breakdown due to the acids from bacteria which dissolve the hard tissues of the teeth such as the enamel, dentin, and cementum.
To prevent your child from afflicting oral-related problems and ensuring that his or her oral health is in its best condition, employing the help of a dentist is necessary.
The dentist in-charge of helping you keep your child’s oral health in check is called a pediatric dentist or pedodontist.
A pediatric dentist deals with the dental needs of children from birth through the age of adolescence. A pediatric dentist is considered an expert in child dental care, taking 24 months of a postgraduate residency program in pediatric dentistry.
A pediatric dentist diagnoses oral disease, promotes oral health, monitors the growth and development of your child’s teeth and jaws, repairs teeth affected by decay, and ensures the gums, throat muscles, the head, neck, jaw, the tongue and salivary glands are functioning properly.
Hawaii Family Dental is dedicated to providing the best pediatric dental care and experience to our young patients. Since 1986, more moms have trusted us to look after their kids’ oral health more than any other dental practice.
Our pediatric dentists are recognized by Honolulu Magazine as “Best Dentist” statewide for four consecutive years, five times more than other dentists.
During your child’s first visit, a careful examination will be done which will include checking his or her medical history, taking a digital X-ray, and a check-up for dental issues. A treatment plan will then be developed by your child’s dentist that is right for his or her needs.