The correlation between oral health and overall health has never been more evident. Preventative check-ups are vital for excellent oral health.
Your check-ups help maintain healthy teeth and gums. Signs of tooth decay, periodontal diseases, oral cancer, and other oral-related problems can be detected and treated as soon as possible. In turn, early detection and treatment can save you from worsening pain and costly procedures.
What happens during a check-up?
- Health History: During a dental check-up, changes in your medical and dental history will be reviewed.
- Examination: The exam looks for cavities, receding gum lines, vitamin or mineral deficiencies, and other oral-related problems. Your neck, head, face, throat, and tongue will also be checked for any swelling or pain.
- X-Rays: Some problems are invisible to the naked eye. Safe, digital X-Rays will be taken to view any hidden problems.
- Cleaning: Your teeth will be cleaned, flossed, and polished, leaving you with a fresh mouth!
- Treatment plan: If any problems did arise during your exam, a personalized treatment plan with recommendations will be reviewed with you.
Areas we serve:
Why Choose Us?
- More moms have referred us than any other dental office in Hawaii since 1986.
- Honolulu Magazine recognized 35 "Best Dentists" at Hawaii Family Dental in 2017, five times more than anyone else.
- Hawaii Family Dental is the only office has every specialty.
- 11 convenient locations throughout Hawaii
- Extended weekday and weekend hours
- Financing options as low as 0% interest for 24 months
- We love insurance and will maximize your benefits.