Cleaning, Hygiene & Safety Standards
We’ve always been committed to the highest safety standards — and now, deep cleaning has taken on a whole new meaning:
• We’re closely following guidance from the American Dental Association (ADA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) when it comes to personal protective equipment (PPE). All care team members must wear PPE such as masks when working with patients, whether they are at the front desk or in a treatment room.
• In treatment rooms, equipment is sterilized, and dental chairs and all surfaces are cleaned, between each patient.
• Surfaces in waiting rooms and common areas are cleaned hourly to keep high-touch surfaces clean.
• Hand sanitizer is available throughout the office.
We’re requiring wellness checks for care teams and patients alike:
• Before seeing patients, team members are checked daily for signs or symptoms of illness, including mandatory temperature checks.
• Care team members who show any signs or symptoms of a cold, seasonal flu, or COVID-19 must stay home until they have been cleared by their healthcare provider.
• We are screening all patients before starting care to assess their COVID-19 risk, including temperature checks and symptom screening.
• Patients who are not feeling well are asked to reschedule appointments before coming to the office.
In times like these, a little distance goes a long way:
• We ask patients to arrive on time, not early, to minimize time spent in the office.
• Patients will be moved quickly into their treatment room upon arrival. If a wait is required, patients are asked to wear a mask and wait outside the office, preferably in the car, before an appointment. We’ll text when we’re ready to see you. If that isn’t possible, a patient may wait in the waiting room only when it’s possible to remain seated six feet apart.
• Only those scheduled for care should be in the office. Family and friends of the patients are asked to wait outside the office unless the patient requires personal assistance during their visit.
We’ve adjusted our operations to keep patients and care teams safe:
• We’re staggering appointment times to limit the number of people arriving to the office at any given time.
• We encourage patients to complete their paperwork online in advance of their appointment to minimize paper in the office. Our care team can help you complete your online paperwork if you don’t have access.
• Additionally, we have eliminated paper sign in at the front desk.