A visit to the dentist doesn’t need to be intimidating or nerve-wracking.
It’s the best way keep your teeth and gums healthy for life, and regular check ups can stop most dental problems in their tracks before they start, or catch them before it’s too late to treat them.
Choosing a dentist that’s both likable and professional is very important.
Hawaii Family Dental Centers is the most highly-recommended dental practice in Hawaii, and for good reason… We have five times more Best Dentists than anyone.
Want proof? Check out out our reviews here.
Here’s what to expect from your first dental visit:
- Health History: You’ll be asked to fill out a health history form so that your dentist will know how to approach any dental problems. Answer completely and honestly. If you’re an adult, we’ll also record your blood pressure to establish a baseline.
- Exam and X-Rays: X-Rays will help your dentist see and diagnose any diseases or problems that they can’t see with an exam alone. Your exam will give a clear clinical view of your teeth’s condition. Want to know what to expect? Here’s a list:
- Check the face and neck for abnormalities
- Check your jaw joints for abnormalities
- Check your lips, cheeks, tongue, floor of the mouth, and roof of the mouth
- Perform an oral cancer screening – very important
- Check your teeth for all kinds of problems including cavities
- Check your gums for disease
- Check your bite for harmonious function
- Appraise your teeth alignment and esthetics
- Review your dental x-rays looking for any abnormalities or diseases that can not be seen clinically
- Treatment Plan: After hearing your concerns and reviewing the results from your exam and X-Ray, your dentist will create a personalized dental treatment plan, based on your schedule and finances.
- Cleaning: Finally, your teeth will be deep cleaned to remove plaque, stains, and tartar that may be built up on your teeth, and they’ll finish up by polishing and flossing them. This cleaning removes all of the germs and build up that can cause gum disease and bad breath.