The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey reported that 42% of children ages 11 years old or younger have had cavities.
Cavities are caused by a breakdown in the tooth's health by acids from bacteria. These acids dissolve the hard tissues of the teeth such as the enamel, dentin, and cementum.
To prevent your child from getting cavities, regular dental checkups are necessary. Just like pediatricians specialize in seeing children, pediatric dentists specialize in children's oral health. Pediatric dentists spend an additional two years in post-graduate programs specifically for children.
Your pediatric dentist will diagnose oral diseases, promote oral health through education, and monitor the growth and development of your child's teeth and jaws. They can also repair teeth affected by decay and ensures the gums, throat muscles, the head, neck, jaw, the tongue and salivary glands are functioning properly.
Hawaii Family Dental is committed to caring for the health of your keiki. Since 1986, more moms have trusted us to look after their kids oral health more than any other dental practice in Hawaii.
Areas we serve:
Why Choose Us?
- More moms have referred us than any other dental office in Hawaii since 1986
- Honolulu Magazine recognized 35 "Best Dentist" at Hawaii Family Dental in 2017, five times more than anyone
- Hawaii Family Dental is the only office has every specialty
- 11 convenient locations throughout Hawaii
- Extended weekday and weekend hours
- Financing options as low as 0% interest for 24 months
- We love insurance and will maximize your benefits