Surely, everyone wishes to have a bright and attractive smile.
Perhaps, this is one of the reasons why more people opt for different teeth whitening products and treatments today.
It is delighting to know that stained teeth can look whiter with the help of whitening pens, whitening oral rinse, and toothpaste. At-home trays and strips can additionally help one achieve whiter teeth.
All these are exceptional means to supplement one’s good oral hygiene habits.
How to treat sensitive teeth after teeth whitening?
Teeth can be sensitive after whitening treatments. In case this happens to you, there are lots of available options for you to consider to lessen the discomfort or pain. Some of them include:
- Chewing gum. Studies have discovered that chewing gum greatly helps produce more saliva. In addition, such actions can distract the person with sensitive teeth from the discomfort.
- Using toothpaste that is designed for those with sensitive teeth. There are special toothpastes which is specially formulated with potassium nitrate. This ingredient is great for relieving the discomfort linked with tooth sensitivity.
- For a while, avoid the use of whitening products or treatments. If sensitivity persists, give your teeth some time to rest from using whitening products.
Take into account that a change just 2 or 3 shades can certainly make an evident difference in a person’s smile. Your goal should be to obtain your individual maximum whiteness while still ensuring your teeth appear natural.
In actuality, how much your teeth can be whitened relies on several factors. A few of these factors you can control while some you cannot. A chairside bleaching or light-activated whitening session can cost about five-hundred dollars and typically results in immediate, dramatically-brighter teeth.
On the other hand, a custom mouthpiece designed by the dentist for at-home teeth whitening costs about three-hundred dollars, and you often wear it a few hours per days or overnight for a span of two weeks.
Furthermore, there are teeth whitening products that are available in retail stores and drugstores that may contain lower concentrations of active components compared to teeth whitening treatments at the dentist. However, please take note that lower concentrations may generate less noticeable results. Nevertheless, teeth whitening toothpaste can help remove teeth discoloration and maintain newly bleached teeth.
Here are some useful tips to consider in order to avoid tooth discoloration after teeth whitening:
At the time you have completed a whitening treatment, there are a few techniques which you can take to maintain your attractive smile:
- Quit smoking or the use of various tobacco products. Many of us are aware that smoking tobacco can cause tooth discoloration. So, to help avoid teeth from being stained, eliminate tobacco use.
- As much as possible, refrain from consuming foods as well as beverages that cause a stain. Some of the foods that can cause tooth discoloration consist of tomato sauce, tea, coffee, sports drinks, wine, berries, hard candy and lots more.
- When drinking beverages or sodas, it is advised to use a straw. The use of straw can considerably inhibit stain-causing dyes from getting stuck to the teeth.