The healthy foods that people eat are what nourish them and the unhealthy foods that people consume are what lead them to various forms of ailments. In actuality, a person can prevent diseases from occurring and this can certainly be done by simply following a healthy form of diet.
Why is it beneficial to follow a healthy diet?
- To aid control or cure chronic diseases and various conditions like celiac diseases, sleep apnea, diabetes mellitus and high blood pressure
- To avoid serious ailments like certain cancers, osteoporosis, obesity, stroke and heart attack
- To sustain health by means of preventing vitamin deficiency states, loss of bone and muscle mass
The Significance of Maintaining Health
The human body needs vitamins, fats, minerals, proteins, and carbohydrates in order to sustain healthy muscles, bones, nerves, and organs. In the same way, these are deemed necessary to produce chemicals and hormones which are required for proper functioning of the body organs.
Minerals and vitamins are regarded as natural substances which are crucial for the development and function of the entire body. These are undoubtedly both necessary for metabolism (normal chemical reactions) in the human body.
Controlling and Preventing Certain Diseases
Heart attacks and obesity are considered as primary public health issues in a great number of countries. For that reason, the goal of most dietary recommendations is to prevent these two fatal diseases.
Obesity takes place when a person consumes more food than torching more body fats. This condition can be a cause to lots of ailments like sleep apnea, arthritis, heart disease, liver disease, diabetes, gout, high blood pressure, certain cancers, and gallstones.
In order to shed excess pounds or maintain the ideal weight, a person needs to consume more foods that are low energy density. These foods contain fewer calories so this only means to say that a person can consume a large volume of these foods without gaining more weight.
It is recommendable to refrain from high energy-dense types of foods like fried foods, high-fat salad dressings, egg yolks, sweets, fats and the like.
Take into account that foods that come with high energy density usually have high saturated fat and cholesterol content. So, it is fundamental for a person to consume less of these foods which provide more calories and fewer nutrients like a lot of packaged snack foods and alcohol.
Health and fitness experts recommend a healthy diet that contains:
- Less saturated fats, less sodium (salt), less cholesterol, less trans fats, less refined grains and less added sugars
- Balanced calories and this must be coupled with more physical exercises in order to effectively manage weight
- More veggies, fruits, low-fat or fat-free dairy products, whole grains, calcium-rich foods as well as seafood.
Most importantly, go lean with protein. It is advisable to find a balance between physical activity and the foods a person consumes every single day. All these are absolutely recommendable and great disease-preventing techniques to consider.
Disclaimer: The oral health information published on this web page is solely intended for educational purposes. Hawaii Family Dental strongly recommends to always consult licensed dentists or other qualified health care professionals for any questions concerning your oral health.