Did you chip or crack your tooth? No problem! We can restore your tooth's shape, size, and strength and improve its appearance with a dental crown.
A dental crown is a piece of metal or porcelain that's placed over a damaged tooth. A crown "caps" or encircles the visible portion of a tooth above the gum line. This restoration can shield a weak tooth, restore a broken or worn-down tooth, support a tooth with a large filling, hold a dental bridge in place, cover a misshaped or discolored tooth, or protect a dental implant.
Dental crowns are available in various types, including stainless steel, gold, porcelain, or resin. Metals like gold or platinum can withstand biting and chewing forces better which allows them to last longer.
A dental crown procedure may involve two visits: the examination and preparation phase and the placement phase.
- First visit: The first visit involves a check-up and X-ray. The dentist will also check if your tooth has extensive decay or other signs that you may require dental treatment before crown placement. Then, your dentist will begin making the crown by creating an impression of the tooth. The final dental crown is normally ready in two to three weeks. (Need a same-day crown? Visit our downtown office.) During the waiting period, a temporary crown will cover and protect the prepared tooth.
- Second visit: The second part of the procedure involves cementing the permanent crown in place.
Areas we serve:
Why Choose Us?
- More moms have referred us than any other dental office in Hawaii since 1986.
- Honolulu Magazine recognized 35 "Best Dentists" at Hawaii Family Dental in 2017, five times more than anyone else.
- Hawaii Family Dental is the only office has every specialty.
- 11 convenient locations throughout Hawaii
- Extended weekday and weekend hours
- Financing options as low as 0% interest for 24 months
- We love insurance and will maximize your benefits.