Did you chip or crack your tooth? No problem! We can restore your tooth's shape, size, strength, and improve its appearance with dental crowns.
A dental crown is a piece of metal or porcelain that's placed over a damaged tooth, "capping" or encircling the visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line. This restoration is recommended to shield a weak tooth, restore a broken or worn-down tooth, support a tooth with a large filling, hold a dental bridge in place, cover a misshaped or discolored tooth, or cover a dental implant.
Dental crowns are available in various types, including stainless steel, gold, porcelain, or resin. Metals like gold or platinum can withstand biting and chewing forces better which makes them last longer.
A dental crown procedure may involve two visits â€“ the examination and preparation phase and the placement phase.
- First visit: Step one is a check-up, X-ray, and if your tooth has extensive decay, may include other treatments. After, your dentist will begin making the crown by creating an impression of the tooth. The dental crown is normally available in two to three weeks (interested in same day crowns? Visit our downtown office). During the waiting period, a temporary crown will be used to cover and protect the prepared tooth.
- Second visit: The second part of the procedure will be the permanent cementing of the crown.
Areas we serve:
Why Choose Us?
- More moms have referred us than any other dental office in Hawaii since 1986
- Honolulu Magazine recognized 35 "Best Dentist" at Hawaii Family Dental in 2017, five times more than anyone
- Hawaii Family Dental is the only office has every specialty
- 11 convenient locations throughout Hawaii
- Extended weekday and weekend hours
- Financing options as low as 0% interest for 24 months
- We love insurance and will maximize your benefits