Dental crowns "crown" the teeth by encircling the visible portion above the gum line. Dental crowns are often used to strengthen or improve the appearance of a tooth, especially if it is damaged, worn-out, or requires a large filling. Dental crowns are also used to support dental bridges and protect dental implants.
Dental crowns often require two appointments. In your first appointment, the target tooth will be examined for any signs of dental decay before it is reshaped for the crowning procedure. The outer portion of the tooth will be removed, and an impression will be made to serve as the basis for the mold. While the crown is being made, the tooth is capped with a temporary crown to protect it. After 2-3 weeks, you will be notified that the crown is ready and will proceed to installation. Your dentist will install the dental crown and ensure it fits your natural bite and tooth color before permanently cementing it.
Areas we serve:
Why Choose Us?
- More moms have referred us than any other dental office in Hawaii since 1986.
- Honolulu Magazine recognized 35 "Best Dentists" at Hawaii Family Dental in 2017, five times more than anyone else.
- Hawaii Family Dental is the only office has every specialty.
- 11 convenient locations throughout Hawaii
- Extended weekday and weekend hours
- Financing options as low as 0% interest for 24 months
- We love insurance and will maximize your benefits.