Smiling can ward off stress, relieve pain, and lift your mood. How? Smiling activates the release of neuropeptides, endorphins, and serotonin. In fact, according to a survey by the University of Aberdeen in Scotland, people who smile are viewed more favorably by others. Therefore, they may have a higher chance of getting a job, a raise, or a promotion.
However, a report from the American Dental Association (ADA) revealed that 1 in 4 adults avoid smiling due to the condition of their teeth. Luckily, you can still have a beautiful smile with veneers.
A veneer is a wafer-thin material placed over a tooth. As a result, it can improve its aesthetics and provide additional protection. It has a natural tooth appearance and is stain-resistant. Veneers can fix teeth that are discolored, worn down, chipped or broken, misaligned, uneven, irregularly-shaped. Additionally, they can even cover gaps between your teeth. Hence, there are a wide range of patients that may be suitable for veneers.
Getting a veneer involves diagnosis, preparation, and bonding. After examining your tooth, a dentist will create a model which they will use to construct the veneer. Then, the dentist cements the veneer in place using a special light beam. On average, veneers last approximately 10 years.
Types Of Veneers
Dental veneers come in two types: porcelain and composite. Porcelain is stronger, more natural-looking, and more stain-resistant than composite. On the other hand, composite is cheaper, easier to repair, and quicker to process. Certainly, the right veneer material depends on your price range and your personal preferences.
Areas we serve:
Why Choose Us?
- More moms have referred us than any other dental office in Hawaii since 1986.
- Honolulu Magazine recognized 35 "Best Dentist" at Hawaii Family Dental in 2017, five times more than anyone else.
- Hawaii Family Dental is the only office has every specialty.
- 11 convenient locations throughout Hawaii
- Extended weekday and weekend hours
- Financing options as low as 0% interest for 24 months
- We love insurance and will maximize your benefits.