How often should you see the dentist?
Whether young or old, oral health is quite critical. There are many reasons why regular dental visits are indispensable. Thus, one must not ignore the benefits which can be obtained in sustaining oral health.
Regular dental visits are important considering these can help detect dental health issues early when treatment is more successful and affordable. Dental visits can also help prevent oral complications from emerging in the first place. However, the longer you wait between dental appointments, the higher the chance of oral health problems arising.
Here is a list of reasons you might need to see your dentist soon:
- Unhappy with the way teeth or smile appear
- Sensitivity to cold or hot foods or drinks
- Bleeding or puffy gums when flossing or brushing
- Swelling or pain in the neck, face, and/or mouth
- Frequent dry mouth
- Dentures, dental implants, crowns or fillings
- Smoking or regular use of other tobacco products
- Chronic halitosis or awful taste in the mouth
- Sore or a spot that gets worse or doesn’t go away.
- Trouble swallowing or chewing
- Jaw popping or pain
- A family history of tooth decay or gum disease
- Uneven bite
- Currently undergoing medical treatment like hormone replacement therapy, chemotherapy or radiation
- Suffering from a medical condition like HIV cardiovascular disease, diabetes, or an eating disorder
Even if the symptoms above aren’t applicable, it is still very important to see your dentist regularly. Sometimes, even without the signs mentioned above, a person can still have dental health complications that only a Honolulu dentist can detect.
Continuous care is a valuable part of health care, and oral health is never an exception.
Take into consideration that keeping your oral health in good condition is a valuable part of your overall wellness. It is also crucial to keep your Aiea dentist fully aware of any alterations in your general health considering a lot of medical conditions may influence your dental wellness, and vice versa.
So, how frequent do you need to visit your dentist?
Remember that dental cleanings, checkups, and treatments vary from patient to patient. Some may only need to visit the Lihue dentist semi-annually. However, others see the dentist up to 6 times a year. Unique smiles require unique care, so talk to your dentist to see what needs to be done for you!