How often should you see the dentist?
Whether young or old, oral health is quite critical. There are so many reasons why regular dental visits are indispensable and one must not ignore the benefits which can be obtained in sustaining oral health since this may greatly affect a person’s overall well-being.
Regular dental visits are critical since these can aid detect dental health issues earlier when treatment is more apt to be more affordable and simpler. These also aid in preventing oral complications from emerging in the first place.
Some medical conditions, as well as some other ailments that develop in the mouth, are easily detectable and possible to treat.
Here is a list of indications to see your dentist:
- Unhappy with the way teeth or smile look
- Excessively sensitivity to cold or hot
- Bleeding or puffy gums when flossing or brushing
- Swelling or pain in the neck, face, and mouth
- Frequent dry mouth
- Dentures, dental implants, crowns or fillings
- Smoking or regular use of other tobacco products
- Chronic halitosis or awful taste in the mouth
- Sore or a spot which does not feel or look right in the mouth and does not go away.
- Trouble swallowing or chewing
- At times, your jaw is painful or it pops particularly when chewing, or when waking up in the morning
- A family history of tooth decay or gum disease
- Uneven bite
- Currently undergoing medical treatment like hormone replacement therapy, chemotherapy or radiation
- Suffering from a medical condition like HIV positive, encountering eating disorders, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes
Even if the stated symptoms above aren’t applicable, it is still very important to see your dentist regularly. Sometimes, even without the signs mentioned above, a person can still have dental health complications that only a Honolulu dentist can detect.
Regular dental visits will also remarkably aid impede such problems from taking place. Continuous care is a valuable part of health care and oral health is never an exception.
Take into consideration that keeping your mouth in good condition is a valuable part of your overall wellness. It is also decisive to keep your Aiea dentist fully aware of any alterations in your total health because a lot of medical conditions may influence your dental wellness as well.
So, how frequent do you need to visit your dentist?
Remember that dental treatment varies by patient and requires special care for each patient. Some may visit the Lihue dentist semi-annually, while others see the dentist up to 6 times a year. Unique smiles require unique care, so talk to your dentist to see what needs to be done!