Healthy teeth and strong tooth enamel are essential to avoid a cavity-free mouth. These smoothie recipes will ensure your teeth stay healthy, nourished, and capable of fighting oral diseases and conditions.
All these receipts contain fruits or veggies with low acidity, which is essential to ensure strong enamel. Also, opt for sugarless options whether you make your own or purchase an already-made smoothie. Otherwise, this will counteract the health benefits of the fruit within the smoothie and increase cavity risk.
Why a Smoothie?
Why not juicing instead? The problem with the juicing method is that juicers take the juice out of the ingredients you add. Basically, it pulls off all the skin and core that contain the most vitamins and minerals. That’s not the case with blending ingredients when making a smoothie, though.
In addition to this, juicing leaves mostly the natural sugar content of the fruits and veggies you juice, increasing cavity risk. For this reason, opt for sugarless smoothies (as opposed to juices) with sugarless yogurts and other sugarless ingredients.
Smoothie 1: Great for strengthening and remineralizing the teeth (especially with ghee and cod liver oil) and for fighting oral infections (particularly tea and coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup of green tea and plain Greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of fermented cod liver oil, ghee, and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Smoothie 2: Great for healthy gums
- 1 cup of banana, kiwi, and 1 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 cup of oranges and 1/2 cup of frozen berries of your choice
- 8 ounces of plain Greek yogurt (also helps combat bad breath and makes the teeth stronger)
Smoothie 3: Great for a beautiful, bright smile
- 3 apples (kill bacteria to make your smile whiter and brighter)
- 2 kiwis
- 1 avocado (contains calcium for strong teeth) and 1 orange
- A few mint leaves for extra flavor (and fresh breath!)
Smoothie 4: Great for strong teeth
- 2 kiwis
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 and 1/2 cups of milk (contains calcium to make the teeth and bones strong)
- 2 tablespoons of mint (great for fresh breath!)
- 1 cup of crushed ice cubes
Smoothie 5: Great for fighting oral bacteria and strengthening the teeth
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt (plenty of healthy bacteria known as probiotics to attack bad oral bacteria) and 1 cup of fruit of your choice (Strawberries, bananas, and blueberries are great options.)
- 1/4 cup of milk (calcium for strong teeth)
Smoothie 6: Another recipe for strengthening the teeth
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (delicious, hydrating, and strengthening for the teeth) and 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 banana and 1 green apple
- Shaved, unsweetened coconut as a garnish (optional)
Give your teeth the extra boost they need with enriching vitamins and minerals capable of providing oral bacteria-fighting capabilities. A smoothie a day keeps the dentist away (as long as you’re still participating in the proper oral health routine as well)!