Smiling fights off stress, relieves pain, and lifts our mood because the act activates the release of neuropeptides, endorphins, and serotonin. According to a survey by the University of Aberdeen in Scotland, people who smile are viewed more favorably by others.
However, a report from the American Dental Association (ADA) revealed that one in four adults avoid smiling due to the condition of their teeth and mouth. Luckily, advancements in Dentistry have given opportunity to people to achieve their most beautiful smile through dental veneers.
A dental veneer is a wafer-thin material placed over a tooth to improve its aesthetics and provide additional protection. It has a natural tooth appearance and is stain resistant. This prosthetic device is used to fix tooth that is discolored, worn down, chipped or broken, misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped, as well as teeth gaps.
Getting a dental veneer involves diagnosis and treatment planning, preparation, and bonding. The first phase of the procedure will include discussion regarding the dental veneers. The patient’s teeth will be examined. Afterward, a model of your tooth will be created to be used as to construct the veneer. The last phase of the procedure will be cementing the veneer into place using a special cement and a special light beam.
Types Of Veneers
Dental veneers come in two types namely porcelain and composite. Porcelain is stronger, more natural-looking, and more stain resistant than composite. On the one hand, composite is cheaper, easier to repair and process.
Why Choose Us?
- Trusted by more moms and referred by more patients than any other dental office in Hawaii since 1986
- Home to Honolulu Magazine-recognized "Best Dentist" in all specialties
- Offers every dental treatment from preventive care and dental emergencies to orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry
- Accessible in 11 convenient locations all over Hawaii with extended weekday and weekend hours
- Provides the best treatments at affordable prices
- Accepts all insurance and offers flexible financing options